Rate the last series/season you saw (TV)

I'm still giving them a bit of time... I'm a big fan of the source material.

My opinion is that the show followed the themes and general plot of the comics without following them frame for frame.  I enjoyed the first episode a lot, I don't think that preacher would be all that great if we just took the "Screw the Comic Code we can do whatever we waaaaaaaant!!!!" comic of the 90s.

• 2 weeks later...

Elementary, Season 3. As much as I do love this show, and I think it does a great job with the characters, the mysteries themselves end up being kind of formulaic, just due to the restrictions of the 1 hour broadcast slot and ad break timing. In some ways, they kind of remind me of Scooby Doo, actually. There's always a twist, but because there's always a twist, and it always hits at about the same point, it's never really a shocker. Still a very enjoyable show, tho.

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I'm still giving them a bit of time... I'm a big fan of the source material.

Pilot is a pilot. And the show definitely takes a sitcom adaptation. But given the source material first popped in mid 90s. It makes sense it is toned down a bit to be a more safe and PC. Though the mascot issue does show some of the original commentary Ennis would throw in.

I am excited especially since Preacher is arguablely my favorite comic. I would put it up there with Transmetropolitan, Pride of Bagdad, Invincible (I haven't read past 100 though) and DMZ (never got the chance to finish, need to go back). Which essentially are my top 5.

Elementary, Season 3. As much as I do love this show, and I think it does a great job with the characters, the mysteries themselves end up being kind of formulaic, just due to the restrictions of the 1 hour broadcast slot and ad break timing. In some ways, they kind of remind me of Scooby Doo, actually. There's always a twist, but because there's always a twist, and it always hits at about the same point, it's never really a shocker. Still a very enjoyable show, tho.

Like NCIS, I think the show is more about the characters than the plot. I do enjoy both shows.

• Like 2

I am excited especially since Preacher is arguablely my favorite comic. I would put it up there with Transmetropolitan, Pride of Bagdad, Invincible (I haven't read past 100 though) and DMZ (never got the chance to finish, need to go back). Which essentially are my top 5.

Transmetropolitan is simply amazing. DMZ really deserves a finishing. You read Ennis's The Boys? It's...well it's Ennis so you have to apply that mental filter but it's a fun read.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Transmetropolitan is simply amazing. DMZ really deserves a finishing. You read Ennis's The Boys? It's...well it's Ennis so you have to apply that mental filter but it's a fun read.

I tried the boys when it first came out, maybe 3 issues and just wasn't impressed. The cancellation might also deterred me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about halfway through the second season of Daredevil. I loved the first season, but something just isn't right with the second... the pacing is off, and the chemistry with Electra is all wrong. Hopefully it picks up in the second half.

Unfortunately, no. There's less and less of Frank, and it just bogs down in ninjas.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Gotham season 1 - So a friend of mine was bugging me about watching this, so I gave it a go on Netflix. I was pleasantly surprised. The show is good. The only hiccup came at the season 1 finale. The show made a sudden left turn at madmaxville. Cat, who was very consistent the entire season, suddenly decided to join a gang, get a funky hairdo, and start toting a shotgun???? Fish couldn't decide if she was the second coming or masterblaster. The final show was just plain weird. Its like someone else came in and wrote the script. Other than that, I thought it was a great show. I think Hulu has season 2, so I'll give that a go next.

• Like 1