Rate the last series/season you saw (TV)

By the way, anyone know where you can watch the original Scooby Doo cartoons? Would love to show them to my daughter.

I'd love to share a link, but that DMCA actually includes linking them.

But for basics: Go to the wikipedia page for the show you want. Copy and paste the exact name of the series to the google search engine, add "stream" and then hit search. 

If the DMCA ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to such down search engines....

Leverage, Season 1. Basically a modern-day Robin Hood sort of deal, drawing heavily on ensemble Heist or Con flicks like Ocean's 11 and such. I tend to like the Heist episodes better than the Con ones, just because the Con episodes generally have some bit where Parker has to try to talk with people, and that's usually painfully awkward. Still excellent, and I'm looking forward to the remaining seasons.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt Murdock's Bad Decision Hour, Season 2. A definite step down from season 1. Really, the problem is that the title character here is far and away the weakest link. A Kingpin series plus a Punisher series, covering more or less the same arcs, would have worked out rather better. In the final analysis, the 23-second trailer for Luke Cage got me more excited than any part of that season that didn't feature Castle or Page.

If the DMCA ever wants to be taken seriously, they need to such down search engines....

You want the dmca to shut down google?

Only if they want to be taken seriously. The reality of the situation is that pirated material is very easy to upload and view, but often difficult to find without search engines. Shutting down (or crippling) the search engines would solve the problem, while shutting down streaming sites one at a time (like megavideo) doesn't really have a large impact. Yeah, the tech savvy will still find the streams, but most of the internet users are just not very tech savvy. Shutting down the search engines, like google, would solve the issue enough where the internet streaming would no longer be negatively impacting the sales of digital media.

Anyway, saw Dare Devil season 2. Pretty good job, I loved their Frank Castle. Matt Murdock seemed too enveloped with his alternate identity, and I think it's hurting the show's potential. Not a fan of the sexual focus of many episodes, but I suppose they need it for ratings. 7/10.

Watched 6 and a half seasons of the X-files over the last month and a half. It started very strong, but slowly diluted itself too much. I really think that first season was excellent. I think the more they found proof of aliens, the worse the show got. It didn't ever become bad, just lesser shades of good. 8/10, for sure, though I do think they could have done better.

Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito just finished up. 7/10. 4 episode OVA series. Good animation, decent plot, amazing battle choreography, and average character development. The main downer is that it really doesn't continue or address the main protagonists from Code Geass, so I would rate it much higher without the false expectations (9/10). They do include Suzaku and Zero in a jail cell together, both alive, but neither does anything of significance.

• 3 weeks later...

I binged Season 3 of Black Sails this weekend. The show finally has a budget. In previous seasons there was little pirating and lots of Nassau intrigue. The attack on Charlestown saved Season 2 for me. This season there is plenty of time spent in ships. The action was nice. The Heart of Darkness aspect is meh. Lastly, the nudity has been cut back a great deal.

8/10

Arrow/The Flash

I just watched last nights episode of Arrow, and Barry shows up at the end with his powers in tact.  Currently, in The Flash, he has no powers.  Either they mucked up the continuity by not thinking about it, or the shows are out of sync in time frame at the moment.  If they are out of sync, Flash hasn't mentioned Laurel dying if it's before Jay takes Barry's powers.  If it's after Wells-2 gets Berry's speed back, which they haven't done yet.... I'm sure you get the picture.  

Metalocalypse Season 1  

9/10

I missed out not catching this when it first ran.  Bloody.  Bloody like a blood ocean.  An ocean.  Of blood.  Blood ocean.  A Blood Ocean.  Animated, but a couple scenes still made my balls hurt as I grimaced in anticipatory pain.   Must watch with subtitles.  The Swedes and lyrics can be difficult to make out.  The social commentary is great.  

Starting on the second season, I'm already disappointed in the change in company handling subtitles.  Lots of "indistinguishable lyrics," those lazy pieces of *guitar rift*

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...