Knights

pretre

Ah, that's what I get for not knowing the new rules.

Does that mean there's no longer critical explosion? Or super nuclear etc

The Catastrophic Damage table using the Apocalyptic mega blast template (5"/10"/15")

D6 Result-------------- ----------Str--------- AP

1 Explosion---------------------- D/4/2 -----2/4/6

2-3 Devastating explosion-------- D/8/4 -----2/3/5

4-6 Titanic boom! ----------------D/10/5-----2/3/4

Set template over models former location and scatter it first then roll on the table above to determine the Str and AP of the dmage caused under the plate.

• Like 1

The Catastrophic Damage table using the Apocalyptic mega blast template (5"/10"/15")

D6 Result-------------- ----------Str--------- AP

1 Explosion---------------------- D/4/2 -----2/4/6

2-3 Devastating explosion-------- D/8/4 -----2/3/5

4-6 Titanic boom! ----------------D/10/5-----2/3/4

Set template over models former location and scatter it first then roll on the table above to determine the Str and AP of the dmage caused under the plate.

Not just over the models, it is specifically centered on the destroyed model. So a model more than 5" wide will not cause D hits to any models in base contact. The baneblade, in particular, is over 5" wide, so the "D" effect will never happen. This doesn't mean that the explosion is unimpressive, but it isn't a D weapon.

-Pax

Not just over the models, it is specifically centered on the destroyed model. So a model more than 5" wide will not cause D hits to any models in base contact. The baneblade, in particular, is over 5" wide, so the "D" effect will never happen. This doesn't mean that the explosion is unimpressive, but it isn't a D weapon.

-Pax

Rem you still have to scatter the template so it could end up moving far enough to D some stuff unless it direct hits of course.

Im referring to the "Catastrophic Damage" section in the Escalation book pg 13.

We used this in my last Stompa fight with Necrons though my scatter ended up being exactly on top of a building that was about 5" square /rolleyes.

Rem you still have to scatter the template so it could end up moving far enough to D some stuff unless it direct hits of course.

Im referring to the "Catastrophic Damage" section in the Escalation book pg 13.

We used this in my last Stompa fight with Necrons though my scatter ended up being exactly on top of a building that was about 5" square /rolleyes.

Wow...fail. Somehow missed the scatter feature. I did think it was odd that they'd have a D strength middle, but so few models small enough for it to matter...

-Pax

Ohh I couldn't hold out any longer, I got the 8.5" Leviathan. $86 shipped right now.

I was dead wrong about the size issue and my incoming 4.5" Mortis Leviathan will be a Dreadknight after all.

The sale lasts for one more week. http://dreamforge-games.com/collections/everything

So i'm not crazy is what you meant to say :P. Yay I'm super happy it was even cooler that my local store discounts periodicals got a copy of the Knight white dwarf for less than 3 after tax!
  • Like 1

021-3.jpg

Ok, seeing it partially built means it will be much easier to magnetize the armor to swap out for a Lucius Pattern variant (of my own mod, or a hypothetical FW release if my letter with incriminating blackmail photos to Santa gets answered...), add lighting for the head/weapons and a handy space for the batteries, or simply add foam to the inside and transport more models like Russian nesting dolls.

Trying to have the self-control to only order one and not the save-no-money "bundle deals" of 3 or 5.

I'm wrestling with temptation... best two falls out of three.

• Like 2

Ohh I couldn't hold out any longer, I got the 8.5" Leviathan. $86 shipped right now.

I was dead wrong about the size issue and my incoming 4.5" Mortis Leviathan will be a Dreadknight after all.

The sale lasts for one more week. http://dreamforge-games.com/collections/everything

I am severly tempted by this. I wish I could give the money to the local store with this discount. I doubt I can find a way to spend the $140 for a model.