Raindog's Rampage: Saturday. December 6th!

When I was a kid, my Dad offered me $300 to have a surgery without general anesthetic, which was half the $600 he would have had to pay if I'd gone under for the surgery.  I accepted, and had surgery on my sinuses fully awake and alert.  That's pretty weird, right?

Actually, that's awesome. As for checklists...if anyone happens to play me, then y'all are set as I have extra checklist copies. Come to think of it, you wouldn't want a checklist after game one....so I guess that means I have a checklist for my round one opponent and three others to share with anyone who's printer is out of toner when they read this.....

Thanks Eric for putting on another really fun event!

I am still rather dumbfounded that I somehow stole best overall after spending most of the day getting my butt handed to me!!

First game, I actually thought I had a solid win in the making due to having a lot more range than Art's Dwarf army, but his main infantry block was saved by the bell, and we drew.  So the one game I was actually winning, I tied.

Second game, I was getting absolutely schooled by TJPs Chaos army until literally the end of the game my Comet went off with 6 markers on it and killed pretty much everything on the table, giving me a last-second win.

Third game I again thought I had a pretty solid chance at a W, because Drak's army was busy trying all the doors on the buildings (I think we counted over 6 entry/exit/re-entry moves!), and I was sneaking a few kills against his Spirit Hosts.  But his Vamp ate my Bretonnian Lord, and I ended up 1 wound short of killing his vamp lord, which meant I got 0 points, and a minor loss!

And game 4 DKieft had me seriously crushed for 90% of the game (like, I couldn't kill 1 guy to save myself, and his wards were coming up about 80% of the time at 5+, it was a thrashing!!), but then in the very last combat phase, my General killed his SC guy that was boosting his army, my Men at Arms dealt something like 8 wounds to his Nurgle demon unit, and they (and his BSB) pop on turn 6... total luck, he should have EASILY beaten me.

All in all a really fun event, I definitely didn't deserve the win but I'll take it, and say a big THANKS to all my opponents for being really fun and playing great games... I don't think I've laughed that much at a WFB tournament since the olden days of Shop of Chop :)

Great event Eric, thanks for the water and cookies :)

• Like 1

Thanks Eric! It was a lot of fun.

And thanks to everyone for all the great food (and water)!

Game 1 against Dogs of War had several interesting units and warmachines. While the Horned Rat did deliver one such unit to me (along with characters), he did require a sacrifice. My BSB was too busy cleaning his privates and did not notice the cannonball coming at his face.

Game 2 I was able to munch lots of skellies, but the mounted Vampire Lord managed to live with... 1 wound.

Game 3 was titled "How to Kill 25 Slaves a Turn: A Mournclaw's Guide." Turns out I need larger units of slaves to hold up Mournfang Cavalry. Still a great game. My Gutter Runners bravely held off a rear charge from gnoblars, killing 9 out of 10.

Game 4 put me in the running for shortest game of warhammer. Great Unclean One, Daemon Prince, and block of Tzeentch warriors, all dead on turn one. That was caused by Gutter Runners, a S2 cannon shot, and a failed panic check (respectivly).

• Like 1

yea yesterday was AWESOME.  im so glad i got some of that kolsch.  ill have to fill it up with some of my beer to return :wink:  so as most know, i have really struggled with my beastmen until yesterday.  literally not a single win(0-8 or something) until yesterday... looks like they just needed to 'rampage' a bit.  there was also some crazy odds of luck that went in my favor... its kind of great when you actually get your spells off lol.  i rarely did until yesterday.  the two bound spells i brought really helped aid that i think.

game 1: played the bday boy!  that guy... has quite possibly the worst luck ive ever seen in the two games(one at ofcc) that ive played him.  i used the crazy amount of buildings to shield like an elfy-esque coward cause heavy armor woc can smash my gor and he had slaanesh so it had a less chance of messing me up.  got big spear off down the flank of dragon ogres and went through them all.  he miscasted and destroyed his entire warriors unit.  heck even my ungor put a wound on a chaos lord with shooting. yup one of those games...  muskrat, you deserve some better luck sometime for such a cool guy.  holy cow.

game 2: played the mirror match beastmen.  junho had a khorne heavy list of gor and chariot plus a block of minos with el tauro mark of nurgle.  i liked that list quite a bit and his units looked awesome.  may take the nurgle minos down the road.  well he failed the charge with mino block against doombull, next turn doombull came in.  won combat, he broke, rolled snake eyes for flee and a caught him on my single D6.  yup that kind of day for me!  his gor unit got baited by ungor and i cursed them as well.  charged and overran taking DT(i actually didnt know he took DT on overrun)... then combo charges in the end with exalted and gor.

game 3: the nemesis battle against talapas.  so both our games(played him at ofcc as well) seemed to go in pretty much the same direction.  i dreaded it when he rolled gateway for his horrors.  purple sun, final trans and gateway are the spells that have always destroyed me.  he had a pretty nice list.  big papi, a tame daemon prince, horrors, 3 flammers and a single beast.  he rushed me. i sat back and fed him ungor.  big papi and doomy decided to tango.  i decided to savage beast him.  so you know, 10A S9 ASF reroll attacks... chris enjoyed that i think ;) especially when he rolled 1 on initiative bonus of his gift to so generously give me the rerolls! so exalted and daemon prince decided to tango as well.  he whiffed alot, i didnt.  eventually won that combat somehow(cant remember). so he was left with horrors, flammers and single beast.   then he rolled a 12 on winds.  in come plague bearers to make things interesting.  especially when he got the 3d6 s10 gateway off on my wounded doombull to blow him off the board.  we then danced a while until i finally got into his horrors with exalted.

game 4: ogre seth!  dude is awesome.  never met him before yesterday but loved his army(i voted for it).  i was scared of his army.  6 mournfang, chariot canon and gut star.... nasty.  i think i made the correct decision of whittling down the gut star with magic. all of the mournfang got into the gor and gutstar got into doombull.  it was looking bad at that point, especially when he killed festus but i held the first round with gor.  then his dice just completely failed him after that.  failed 4 wound saves at 4++ on his bsb against doomy.  his mournfang just completely whiffed the next round when i got exalted in flank there as well.  2 units of 2 ran off and didnt want to stop... and yup. that was pretty much it. i wonder the amount of times gor have survived 6 mournfang... im going to go out on a limb here and say NOT VERY OFTEN lol.

so tbh, i thought with my record with beastmen i was going to be playing for the spoon not the top table that day.  crazy when dice go your way...  and two nathans finish on top cause you know that name is just that awesome  :cool:

• Like 1

Sorry I missed this one but will do my best to make the next. I even tried to get my son to come up to see the armies and meet some of you guys but the building had him spooked. He said it looked haunted. :laugh:

He kept to the top of the stairs peeking in to see the guys playing in the hall. Oh yeah, he said you guys should have Pokemon games. :tongue:

As always an incredible event. Our community of gamers is simply awesome, couldnt really ask for better players to spend a day throwing dice with. 

Thanks to Eric for running the event, and thanks to the Ordo crew for providing the space and the support. 

My Skaven went 1-3 throughout the day. All I can say is I learned a whole lot this weekend, thanks to my opponents. I felt like I was able to compete in 2 of my 4 games. My Skaven list simply didnt have the ability to deal with Chaos characters in CC or LV4 wizards. I took a themed list with a bunch of Gutter Runners and an assassin, only a LV 1 engineer, pretty brutal.

I need to find ways to toughen up my Skaven lists as the meta has changed drastically since they were released. Ill be posting a 2800 for the Cheese grater soon to start brainstorming ideas.

I'm going to echo RD here, Matt. Against a doomwheel, I would not have been able to focus fire on your Clanrat bunker that early - and only would have had S4 to deal with it. PG may have been able to stand up to it, but my LSG bunker would have crumbled. Not to mention, the dice gods were against you. Failed panic checks meant your GR regiment never got a good shot off against my Eagle Noble - that many poison shots against a 3 wound model is no bueno. I'm also a fan of less slaves, more StormVermin. Not only are the models super awesome, the are slightly more reliable, both against shooting, and in combat.

• Like 1

DJellum- Wooden Spoon

Djellum - Best Food

TJP - Best Monster

Scott - Best Character

Nate - Best General 

Juhno- Best Painted: Dagger

Evan- Best Sports: Dagger

NtK- Best Over-all: Sword

Valorunbound - Winner of the Escalation League!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate went 4-0 with a Beastman heavy Legion of Chaos Army after never having won a game with them.

• Like 1

come now, where's the love? a wholly skeleton army from VC is almost unheard of, let alone one with only 1 lv1 wizard.

I will echo your sentiments though, I love seeing unusual/individual list designs. I think BM with their new ability to take marks will garner more table time. they performed very well from what I observed

come now, where's the love? a wholly skeleton army from VC is almost unheard of, let alone one with only 1 lv1 wizard.

I will echo your sentiments though, I love seeing unusual/individual list designs. I think BM with their new ability to take marks will garner more table time. they performed very well from what I observed

Well there's taking a non-net list then there's gimping yourself to oblivion.:tongue: The real question is did you have fun?

Good job Nate, glad to see you come through like that. And as for John winning the league, that is an understatement. He Crushed it quite well. He did everything he could to earn points, aside from painting, so he won that with authority. Evan getting Best Sports is as surprising as rain in Portland, but at least everyone likes Evan. :smile: Congrats on the Sword NtK. Didn't see it but I heard it was a nice. (And not a Confederate sword this time.:laugh:)

Sounds like another great event that I am sorry to miss out on, but I will make the next one.