Discussion: Points for 40K at OFCC

evil_bryan

Threatening not coming because of point levels may beg the question why are you coming in the first place...

I think we all want amazing FUN games. When did point levels dictate your level of fun?

That is a great question. My guys have played 2000 points at OFCC for the past ones and have planned for this in this event. Also, they like seeing larger armies on the table. If they wanted to play 1500 point games, they could stay home and do that. I am driving in from Montana. I will be there no matter the points cost. But some of my guys do not feel the same.

We come for fun, well matched, larger scale games. If we wanted lower point games we would attend LVO, BAO, Adepticon, or any myriad of Tournaments across the country. But we come here for the fun, the camaraderie, and the larger point games.

Nobody is threatening anybody. I just said that several of my team mates were not interested in lower point games.

And your insinuation as to why we are coming to OFCC for any other reason than fun is insulting. None of my players are power players; hell, half of them play 5 games a year. At OFCC.

And your insinuation as to why we are coming to OFCC for any other reason than fun is insulting. None of my players are power players; hell, half of them play 5 games a year. At OFCC.

You assume I'm calling you out Chappy. Yet 2 minutes before you Lord Hanaur thought I was speaking to him.

Don't be so quick to assume I'm insinuating anything. I asked a clear and concise question while not accusing anyone of anything.

I'm sorry you felt the shoe fit.

Threatening not coming because of point levels may beg the question why are you coming in the first place...

I think we all want amazing FUN games. When did point levels dictate your level of fun?

When you say something like this and there's only been one person to say anything about not wanting to make the trip for smaller point games...

You assume I'm calling you out Chappy. Yet 2 minutes before you Lord Hanaur thought I was speaking to him.

Don't be so quick to assume I'm insinuating anything. I asked a clear and concise question while not accusing anyone of anything.

I'm sorry you felt the shoe fit.

You don't get to act like this when the guy you were *obviously* talking about responds.

LH didn't think you were talking to him. He was piling on about someone having a strong opinion about point levels.

• Like 1

I think there should be a poll set up with a large range of numbers and people can vote for their point level of choice. That way we get a more clear picture of what people truly want.

Great idea, in theory, but in practice it won't be a true accounting of the wants of the masses. There are many people who come to OFCC that do not visit our forums. So, if we all had the ability to vote as many times as we had players not in the forums, then yes this would work. But, I don't think the mods could pull that off without know who all is coming.

What we will all do is wait to see what the HoG gives us and then build for that. They are the ones putting their time and effort into this, for free, and whatever they choose is what we will play at. Those of us who are content with that, will continie to do so. Those of us who aren't (some of my team mates included) will not attend. And that is just fine.

• Like 1

Thank you all for posting your thoughts.

After reviewing the posts here and on Facebook, it looks like the community is pretty split between staying and reducing points.

Because of that, I have made the decision to stay at 2,000 points this year.

Bring out your toys and prepare to have fun!

Bummer.  Oh well.  With so much time to practice, it seems like it wasa good chance to shave the points down.  But no.