Rate the Last Movie You Saw

The Boxtrolls - 7/10 - Good story, sadly the animation was so wonky I don't know if it was claymation or sucktacular '80s animation...

Couldn't disagree more about the animation! If they'd gone cgi (even if the cgi was as amazing as Big Hero Six) it would have lost points in my book. Claymation, when done right like here, has a warmth that nothing else compares to. Plus, it enhances the story-book feel they captured so well. Easy 9/10 in my book. Best kid's movie of the year, literal fact;)

• Like 3

I haven't seen so many FACTs in one conversation since the last time I turned on C-SPAN by accident.  When did you all get into Politics?

I was going to mock Yarb when he did it at the top of the page but since I have not seen How to Train Your Dragon 2 or The Lego Movie yet I held off.  Now I have to figure out whether to believe the 4/10 or the 8/10 ratings for them.   :tongue:

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Amazing list, I love all those movies, that I will tarnish by rewatching.

The other guys 10/10 my favorite comedy still laugh after the 50th sitting. I am not exaggerating almost once a week last year we would watch it. I dislike will ferrel, anchorman 4/10, step brothers 4/10, taledega nights 7/10.

Imitation game 8/10

• Like 1

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

I am disappointed in the lack of 'Take me with you' memes on google.

I still got chills from those wanna be children of the corn bots.

Birdman - 8/10 - Good flick...good acting...Interesting story and camera work.  I enjoyed it.  Only slightly too long IMO.  Oh, and Emma Stone is hot :) even if she is too skinny...she needs to eat a couple of sammiches.

Officially sad I missed this...exploring a way to watch it soon thanks!

• Like 1

Watched Starship Troopers for the first time in a long while. 3/5 from movie standpoint, as it really wasn't anything special, but it held my attention and I enjoyed it.

That said, this is like one of more 40k-esk movies out there.

As far as a sci-fi movie goes, this is closer to a 4/5 or 5/5 as it doesn't trip up on the typical sci-fi movie failures. It has a simple enough plot and it sticks with it. The movie flows well and has an ending that is satisfying, despite leaving it very open to sequel. The plot is, by no means, brilliant or unique, but their execution of story into an understandable film is very impressive for a science fiction movie. Their computer animation remains impressive in it's simplicity of application and it holds up with time, unlike so many sci-fi movies.

Yeah, I well aware that this movie is not related to the book in any respect.

Watched Masters of the Universe.

That's the really old He-Man live action movie. Didn't really watch the show, but it was enjoyable in how corny it was. Very much a live action cartoon, rather than a live action movie. No blood or swearing or cleavage in the entire film (unless you count guys...).

3/5, I thought. I'd probably rate higher if I was a fan of the show. Costumes were good and special effects seemed intentionally corny, which worked very well for the film.