Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Into the Woods:  5/10.  I like musical theater, but this sucked.  

We tried watching it last night.  I couldn't sit through it.  I don't think I got half way through, so I won't bother rating it.  I didn't realize it was based on a stage play until a bit into it.  I think I'd enjoy it as a live production, but I've never been a fan of Musical Movies.  Cannibal: The Musical, Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables being notable exceptions.

• 3 weeks later...

So I missed out reporting on The Dead One/Blood of the Zombie : 4/10 : This had a better plot that ZAAT but the acting was pretty awful in a lot of places. Newlyweds go visit a the Plantation hubby now owns due to legal mumbo jumbo, his sister does not want to give it up so she summons dead cousin green skin back from the dead to have revenge. Anyway bonus points for going to the strip club right away on the honeymoon, heck the wife even drags them in. Starring Joe Jones.

Last week wasn't a movie but 2 tv episodes, starring Richard Evans who was there as he lives just over on Bainbridge Island. It was an episode of Peyton Place and The Mod Squad, and fun stories about working on movies.

Sunday my youtube recommendations gave me this Mexican gem from 1968 La Mujer Murcielago (The Batwoman) : 5/10 : Well yeah 1960s TV Batman ripoff, but this time a woman, and has a bikini batoufit and a luchador. The villain is a mad scientist making a fish man and really yeah thats it. See it on the interwebs if you dare.

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9/10 - easily the best movie of the Marvel universe until Deadpool comes out next year.

Dracula Untold - 8/10 - unique take and I like the slight modification of the original transformation story.

Hobbit 3 - 8/10 - Funny actually, I really liked all 3 Hobbit movies, but would make my worst enemy watch Lord of the Cra...I mean, Lord of the Rings...

• Like 1

Guardians of the Galaxy - 9/10 - easily the best movie of the Marvel universe until Deadpool comes out next year.

Dracula Untold - 8/10 - unique take and I like the slight modification of the original transformation story.

Hobbit 3 - 8/10 - Funny actually, I really liked all 3 Hobbit movies, but would make my worst enemy watch Lord of the Cra...I mean, Lord of the Rings...

I don't even know you, but that comment about LotR, you are dead to me.

• Like 2

Whoever Slew Auntie Roo : 7/10 : This week was of schlock was fun. Shelly Winters as Auntie Roo. We are not sure who is more evil. Auntie Roo going over the bend with loneliness and guilt from her daughter who died young, or the 2 orphans who she kidnapped and are being held against their will. This one is good fun and definitely worth watching and with supporting roles from Ralph Richardson, Lionel Jeffries, and Hugh Griffith.

• Like 1

So, I went to see Jupiter Ascending...

If I were to rate this movie on visuals alone, and what I feel the goal of the siblings vision...i'd say a solid 7/10 Sci Fi Flick

If I were to rate this movie on story and plot alone...well...let's just say it makes less sense than Prometheus on a good day... 2/10

But if you can go see it cheap, want to see some sci fi action, cool aliens, and know that there are sections of the plot just completely cut out of the film...yeah, 5/10 :)

• Like 2

So, I went to see Jupiter Ascending...

If I were to rate this movie on visuals alone, and what I feel the goal of the siblings vision...i'd say a solid 7/10 Sci Fi Flick

If I were to rate this movie on story and plot alone...well...let's just say it makes less sense than Prometheus on a good day... 2/10

But if you can go see it cheap, want to see some sci fi action, cool aliens, and know that there are sections of the plot just completely cut out of the film...yeah, 5/10 :)

Yeah....  I wondered about that from the trailers.  Do you think the visuals will translate to a 50" TV or do I need to see the eye-candy on the big screen somewhere?

Into the Woods:  5/10.  I like musical theater, but this sucked.  

I would like to strongly agree with this review.  It has a few good moments, but you have to sift through way too much crap for them to be worth it.

Godzilla 2014 on the other hand, 8/10.  If any of the human actors story's had been worth a damn, then it would have been rated higher.  They did a good job at focusing on what people actually care about: a big lizard beating up on other giant monsters.

• Like 1

See, I didn't get anywhere near my value on "giant monsters beating stuff up" out of that Godzilla movie. 

See some of my previous comments about Godzilla films. Yes it could have had a bit more monster bash but I really enjoyed it. It was a movie about the people affected by the monster and not the monster itself which is what makes for a good Godzilla film.

Maybe...but the people were so terrible.....

Once Cranston dies, it is left to his son to be the focal point of the story. And that guy is just BORING. He is also the worst soldier ever, he gets two different squads completely killed pretty much due to his actions. And I'm still confused how the army didn't see the HOLE in the side of the mountain before going inside that big vault to look for the eggs...

• Like 1

Once Cranston dies, it is left to his son to be the focal point of the story. And that guy is just BORING. He is also the worst soldier ever, he gets two different squads completely killed pretty much due to his actions. And I'm still confused how the army didn't see the HOLE in the side of the mountain before going inside that big vault to look for the eggs...

Yeah I would have to watch it again to catch that. I kinda thought it was more about Cranston, his son and Dr. Serizawa.

• Like 1

Dingdingding! The only human character who seemed even remotely interesting got killed off in the first five minutes or so. Most of the time we're stuck with this kid who constantly looks like he's about to cry because of his daddy issues.

• Like 1

Kingsman 9/10 - my wife and I loved it. Fairly good pacing, plenty of very cool fight scenes, and good old fashioned English spies. Mr. Jackson was great too as was his main henchwoman. This was a good entertaining romp. A bit of language, and lots of violence. Not really one for the kids. This one is going in the library as soon as it comes out.

• Like 1