Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Fury hides a lot of what he does even from S.H.I.E.L.D., and he's obviously got enough of a power base that he can get away with having his own agenda to a certain extent.

Also, I read somewhere that Thanos has a different Infinity Gauntlet than the one that's in Asgard. Not sure what's up with that yet, possibly just they realized at some point between filming Thor and AoU that they'd screwed up there.

Also, I read somewhere that Thanos has a different Infinity Gauntlet than the one that's in Asgard. Not sure what's up with that yet, possibly just they realized at some point between filming Thor and AoU that they'd screwed up there.

Beat me to it. I think the idea is that in the MCU the Gauntlets are a pair and that IW I and II are going to be the search for the gems.

• Like 1

Bill and Teds Bogus Adventure

3/5

The totally excellent time travelling history buffs are back.  This time they must save the Babes from Evil Robots.  Journey through Dante's divine comedy in a way only these two can take you.

It was fun.  Another 80s flick (91 cough cough) that holds up pretty well.  Primus showing up in the Battle of the Bands was entertaining.  I figured there would be a cameo during that scene, was pleasantly surprised it was them.  I'd watch it again, or put it on as background noise while hobbying/gaming.  

Attack the Block

4/5

Aliens invade London.  A youth gang comes to the rescue.

Campy.  Great special effects.  Not for the kids, maybe 16+, depending on how you feel about language.  Some gore.  One I'll add to my collection, as I borrowed this and Bill and Ted from a coworker after we watched The Warriors on Netflix.  Not that this was anything like Bill and Ted or The Warriors.  

• Like 1

The thing I really liked about Attack the Block was that they actually got kids from the Council Estates to play all the kids. They went around to schools that had drama programs and did auditions there, and let the kids improvise a bunch of their dialogue so the slang and all would actually be authentic.

Both the Bill and Ted movies are classics for me. Saw them at just the right point in my life that they stuck in my head, and then I've come to appreciate them even more over the years as I learned more about heavy metal.

• Like 2

Mad Max.

The 20 minutes of the Mad Max movie I saw was amazing. Every person, object, car, outfit, etc. in the movie seems to have a story and thought behind it. I can't wait to go back and see the whole movie

Tomorrowland

It is a children's movie. The acting was fine. Some scenes were very creative, but the plot had problems and the directing seemed uneven. My 12 year really enjoyed it. 6.9 / 10

• Like 1

Tomorrowland

A Disney movie with a 'message', which while noble, was balled-up with long periods of sleepy-time. Some decent action scenes included, this movie was definitely made with younger audiences in mind. Some creative/interesting special effects.

I also have this 'thing' about actors who are trying to pass as a character much younger than themselves. That annoys me.

5/10

The thing I really liked about Attack the Block was that they actually got kids from the Council Estates to play all the kids. They went around to schools that had drama programs and did auditions there, and let the kids improvise a bunch of their dialogue so the slang and all would actually be authentic.

Both the Bill and Ted movies are classics for me. Saw them at just the right point in my life that they stuck in my head, and then I've come to appreciate them even more over the years as I learned more about heavy metal.

The main kid from Attack the Block is one of the main characters in the new Star Wars. He is the stormtrooper in the first teaser.

Okay, I saw the rest of Mad Max last night. What a great movie. Without spoiling it, the movie is the best film I have seen in years. There are visual references from Star Wars, 40K, Fall Out, etc. The only things that would have made the film better is if Virginia Hey or Claudia Black were in movie.

9.1/10

• Like 1