Argh! Random Bitching

pretre

So randomly, libxml2 got updated at some point on my FreeBSD server/secondary machine. Apparently, somewhat of a known issue, but now everything that was installed/compiled with that old version has to be reinstalled / recompiled with a new/different version.

Hoping this works...

Got a speeding ticket, yet I've gone 15 years without a ticket because I don't speed. That 100 yard lapse (due to downhill momentum gains) pissed me off to no end. No chance for a warning, etc. Handled just like a crook, thanks pay your $$$, it's like extra taxes.

Tickets = Revenue RACKET!

• Like 1

You haven't seen a Revenue Racket until you've driven through Hitchcock, TX.  6300 people, 2400 households, 12 cops and a 5-mile stretch of I-45 between Houston and Galveston in their jurisdiction.  Strangely, the speed limit on that portion of I-45 was 45 miles per hour the entire time I was in college and at any given time four of those police officers were running a speed trap on one of the overpasses there.

• Like 1

So randomly, libxml2 got updated at some point on my FreeBSD server/secondary machine. Apparently, somewhat of a known issue, but now everything that was installed/compiled with that old version has to be reinstalled / recompiled with a new/different version.

Hoping this works...

Is this even in English?

• Like 4

I'm frustrated with DoL. I spent a month e-mailing them getting a quote for customized Coug plates... only to get a letter saying your short $20. I made 2 calls. Neither lady would show me where the missing $20 came from nor itemize so I could see where my miss understanding was. That just pisses me off.

Hoping this works...

That sir makes for a completely sucky day.

Worse than my current pain of HP giving us an improperly signed file in a driver package and it holding up turning over a box to the customer.

• Like 1

Just found out that 18 months ago when I took the HM3 exam for the USN instead of missing advancing to HM3($75 a check pay raise and fewer people that can tell me what to do) by 8 points they actually miscalculated my evaluation points and shorted me 20.  Meaning I actually picked up by 12.  Now take into consideration I would have been eligible for the HM2 exam last cycle, and with what I just scored on the advancement test would have promoted me to HM2 which is about a $400 a pay check raise... Needless to say yes I am just a little pissed.

HN is a E-3 in the military HM3 E-4 HM2 is E-5(the best rank ever, your not in charge of any one and no one really tells you to do anything)

spent 2 hours at the permit office waiting in line for my 10 min permit renewal........

ouch. I haven't been in for a while but I'm assuming this is one of the ones you can't do online.

I once renewed my tabs while stuck in traffic on the glen Jackson :)

• Like 2

That sir makes for a completely sucky day.

Worse than my current pain of HP giving us an improperly signed file in a driver package and it holding up turning over a box to the customer.

I dunno. Fing up your business is kinda worse than inconveniencing me. ;)

Checked this morning and the batch update failed at some point. I'll have to deal with it Mon.

I dunno. Fing up your business is kinda worse than inconveniencing me. ;)

Checked this morning and the batch update failed at some point. I'll have to deal with it Mon.

Meh, Boeing is huge and I am a small specialized gear. In some ways I was happy I had one server that just balked at the install as it sat long enough to get security settings pushed before I ran the updates. Also they are a picky enough customer that where the driver did install but has a 'do you want to run this' pop up when trying to log into the server they want that properly gone as well so I had enough of a hammer to make the guys  who are supposed to make sure this kind of thing does not get into production releases to wake up.

It was a nice change of pace for a few days what was truly annoying were the totally useless error messages from the installer, from windows, from the scripting logs, and nonexistent logging in the event logs. Do any of them say anything remotely related to 'untrusted cert, stopping now'. Nope, Sucks to be you doesn't it.

• Like 1