Star Trek

Frostitute

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Wow epic geek fail.

Was that a light saber claymore? I thought storm troopers were clones??

I personally don't like Star Wars but I like what jj did with Star Trek so I am open.

Okay, as for the trailer.  I'm quite disappointed in the trailer, was wanting more.  Thing is, it didn't leave me on the edge of my seat wanting more.  It left me slouched in my seat going "Was that it?"  It's like getting bad head.  I mean, yeah, it's head, but it wasn't that great.  It was rather lack luster.  I mean there's a couple cool things that were hinted at, but no follow through.  

The X-Wings running along the water was probably my favorite part in the trailer, but I also liked Waterworld, so I may be biased. 

• Like 3

Okay, as for the trailer.  I'm quite disappointed in the trailer, was wanting more.  Thing is, it didn't leave me on the edge of my seat wanting more.  It left me slouched in my seat going "Was that it?"  It's like getting bad head.  I mean, yeah, it's head, but it wasn't that great.  It was rather lack luster.  I mean there's a couple cool things that were hinted at, but no follow through.  

The X-Wings running along the water was probably my favorite part in the trailer, but I also liked Waterworld, so I may be biased. 

Pretty sure this was more of a trailer for the trailer.  I'd expect a longer one later.

Even, so, this one left me feeling like it's going to be all flash, no substance. Or maybe I was predisposed to feel that way because of the last two Star Trek movies :P

Remember Episode I where they showed us the cool Sith with the double-bladed saber?  Remember how everyone though that this was going to be soooooo cool and we were finally going to get to see the emperor demonstrate what a good manipulator he was?

Remember how we got a waste of 150 minutes with a really cool villain who was so under-developed that we didn't care when he died and instead a talking muppet got all the screentime for hissa self?

Yeah, it's Abrams but this trailer leaves a bad taste in my mouth because I was burned so badly by Episode I.

It seems to me a lot of people are really looking forward to being disappointed by this movie.

If you tell yourself at every opportunity for the next year that you'll hate it, you probably will.

Don't get me wrong...  I have really enjoyed Abrams work in the past, lens-flare not withstanding.  When they finally pried the StarWars IP from Lucas' cold, dead soul I heard a great noise, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in joy, never to be silenced.

I would love to see this movie done well.  That trailer in particular pushes my buttons because it specifically highlights aspects of the story/film that were done so poorly (granted, by a different writer/director) in Episode I.

I'm just not impressed by it, mostly because for a teaser trailer it mostly looks like a piece of fandom.  Several shots that do nothing, no words to say anything other than the title.  I know Star Wars lovers everywhere are getting into it and praising it without seeing anything even remotely interesting.  I feel that this was simply to show off their effects reel, and maybe garner feedback on what people thought was terrible.  Go interwebz.

Honestly, I was just really happy to see TIE fighters and X-wings again. It's also good to see that the Jedi (or Sith) finally solved the problem of the handless Jedi. With no crossguard of any sort, it's no wonder everyone gets their hand chopped off at some point. No more senseless hand-chopping!

• Like 3

I finally caved and watched the trailer, because it was getting impossible not to see references, so I thought I might as well see the original. I am cautiously optimistic. I was watching someone talking about JJ Abrams as a director and they were pointing out that he is actually rather cautious, going back to the well reathter than innovating, which is actually very much needed for the films right now. If they can get a writer to come up with solid ideas, I believe Abrams may do a decent job of bringing back some of that old-school feel.