40K 9th ed

KennyD76

Holy cow, the amount of changes in the new Adeptus Custodes FAQ is insane.

Storm Shields get completely rewritten; New weapon profiles for Hunter-Killer Missiles, Multimeltas, and Twin-Heavy Bolters!?

This effects, like, four of my units. 

Edit to add: I went and double checked. It’s five units.

The Hunter-Killer Missile and Twin-Heavy Bolter are only used by one unit, the Venerable Land Raider; the Multimelta is only used by one unit, the Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought; and the Storm Shield is available to three units: Shield-Captain, Vexilus Prætor, and Custodian Guard.

Of course, no one ever uses the generic Ven-Dread, the Land Raider isn’t used often either, and most people don’t give their Captain a Storm Shield...

So how about that DA faq?
Army-wide Transhuman, invuln save buffs, plus character improvements sounds like a nice balanced incremental approach that’s totally accidental in any broken advantages it might confer and in no way blatant hype meant to ramp up sales of another faction by a $300m company that just makes these silly mistakes every quarter . . . 

40 minutes ago, Tao Tsê-Mung said:

So how about that DA faq?
Army-wide Transhuman, invuln save buffs, plus character improvements sounds like a nice balanced incremental approach that’s totally accidental in any broken advantages it might confer and in no way blatant hype meant to ramp up sales of another faction by a $300m company that just makes these silly mistakes every quarter . . . 

Almost Army Wide. It is only on Infantry so not the Ravenwing units thankfully or anything selected from the standard Space Marine codex

So I came up with a reason theme and chapter to emulate that does not make me feel bad. 

I will be building First Born Black Templar and as they play more games they will grow and grow...odd that...it is almost like they are Greenskins...but that cant be right they are the Loyal, most fervent, and always zealous Black Templar Space Marine Chapter. 

As they grow they will get access to Primaris models to represent the growth of the "Space Marines"

This is what I am thinking of building to start with.

Black Templar Crusade idea 1: 65 PL

HQ
Emperor's Champion 5PL Warlord Trait Front-Line Commander
Chaplain w/ Jump Pack 6PL (Litany of Hate, Psalm of Remoseless Persecution) Relic: Ancient Breviary

Troops
Crusade Squad: 9 Initiates, 10 Neophyte's (one with Plasma Gun, 1 with Heavy Bolter), 1 Sword Brother (w/ Power Fist) 16PL
Crusade Squad:  9 Initiates (w/ 9x Astartes Shotgun and 9x Combat Knife, 10 Neophyte's, 1 Sword Brother (w/ Power Fist) 16PL

Elite: 
Vanguard Veteran Squad w Jump Packs, Sgt with Relic Blade, 5x Storm Shields, 4x Power Claws 14PL
Sternguard Veterans 6PL

63 of 65 PL

3 RP Supply Limit Increase: 
1 Relic
1 Warlord Trait

Still debating and would like ideas

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lyraeus said:

I feel so conflicted... I have wanted a Ork Count as Marines army for about a year and a half now and thought I killed the urge but then I saw this.... /sigh the urge is back... 

utrynycdzqj51.jpg?width=4000&format=pjpg

Soooo....My OFCC army for next year is Orks, counts-as Marines. Doing all Dreads though. Scratches three itches.

Dread Mob, Orks as Marines and all Dreads.

Words words words, I challenge your Blakk Templorks with my Adeptorks Killstartes!

• Like 3

I’ve been pondering my next wargaming project, even though I have like ninety already in various stages of incompleteness... Because, well, that’s just how it’s done.

I’m kinda leaning towards Orks. Because, well, Orks. ‘Nuff said.

I’ve been successful with my Ironjawz over in AoSland, but that’s an army with a mere three units to choose from. They’re dead simple. WH40k’s Space Orks on the other hand have no shortage of options, so I’ve decided to artificially limit my choices:

(a) Freebooterz Kultur; Because Space Pirate Orks are just fun. 
(b) 1,000 Points; Although it will no doubt grow, I want to start small. 
(c) There is no rule c!

So, here’s what I’ve come up with. I’d like to solicit feedback from you weedy gits.

++ Patrol Detachment [998pts, 5CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Clan Kultur: Freebooterz

+ HQ +

Kaptin Badrukk [5 PL, 90pts]: Warlord

+ Troops +

Boyz [4 PL, 85pts]:
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
. 9x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa (1x W/ Tankbusta Bomb)

Boyz [4 PL, 85pts]:
. Boss Nob: Big Choppa, Slugga
. 9x Ork Boy W/ Slugga & Choppa (1x W/ Tankbusta Bomb)

+ Elites +

Nob with Waaagh! Banner [5 PL, 88pts]: Kustom Shoota, Relic: The Badskull Banner

+ Heavy Support +

Battlewagon [9 PL, 195pts, -1CP]: 4x Big Shoota, Deff Rolla, Grot Rigger, Killkannon
. Kustom Job: Forktress

Flash Gitz [16 PL, 325pts]:
. Kaptin: Choppa, Gitfinda Squig, Ammo Runt
. 9x Flash Git

+ Dedicated Transport +

Trukk [4 PL, 65pts]: Big Shoota

Trukk [4 PL, 65pts]: Big Shoota

++ Total: [51 PL, 998pts, 5CP] ++

I’m considering dropping the Trukks for moar Boyz. The pro’s and con’s should be obvious.

• Like 1