40K 9th ed

KennyD76

But they don't get representation at the Ambassador?

#knightarmiesmatter

Sorry the initial joke flew over your head J. 🙂  That's all it was, me bitching about Knights and your event using mexicaninja as a launch pad lol

I must say, I need to file a complaint with the senate at the lack of representation of Knights at OFCC2020. Quite disappointing. 

13 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

But they don't get representation at the Ambassador?

#knightarmiesmatter

Sorry the initial joke flew over your head J. 🙂  That's all it was, me bitching about Knights and your event using mexicaninja as a launch pad lol

I must say, I need to file a complaint with the senate at the lack of representation of Knights at OFCC2020. Quite disappointing. 

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.  The Ambassadorial Grand Tournament?  See what you did there.  Allow me to retort!

We only worry about the opinions of people who go.  If any of the attendees had complained, it might be a debate?  😃

Kinda like people who live in Paraguay who don't like Americans.  I mean:  who cares.  Lol.  We're still having a good time, whether the people in Paraguay are or not.  But it's just a plane ticket away to join the fun for a couple days...  but America isn't for everyone.  Tis true.  Tis true.  I accept that.

So get that ticket next time. Its oh so much fun and the prize support is just so enormous for a GT.  My guess, as it has been every year:, is that you own other armies.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I don't think I am.  See you there!

Also:  #Knightarmiesmatter

1 minute ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Eliminating the -1 to hit for heavy weapons on vehicles? Oh, thank you GW! Now my Land Speeders might not be useless again! And mech guard suddenly got a lot more dangerous, too. Actually, pretty much all transports with heavy weapons became nastier.

Don't forget all the air planes! 

• Thanks 1

I used to run a fully mechanized marine list. It was my favorite way to play, honestly. I was looking at trying to do vehicles in my Eldar, but hating taking a BS hit without the tax and targeting disadvantage of the targeting matrix. Well, this saves me some points on that upgrade. (Maybe they'll change it since it's obsolete now) Watch out for my grav tanks and fliers, coming to a table near you. 🙂

3 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Eliminating the -1 to hit for heavy weapons on vehicles? Oh, thank you GW! Now my Land Speeders might not be useless again! And mech guard suddenly got a lot more dangerous, too. Actually, pretty much all transports with heavy weapons became nastier.

I'm glad to see this change.  I can pull my assault cannon dreads off the shelf now.  Their drop pods miss them.

• Like 2

This is a definite improvement over the 8th Edition Blast rules (which were, themselves, a refreshing change from thirty years of mucking about with templates). But part of me does wish they’d figure out an elegant way to let Blasts effect more than one unit.

There was always a certain amount of joy in watching your artillery template scatter juuust right to clip two adjacent units.

Oh well, I encourage all you Rogue Traders to buy up backstock from your local Departmento Munitiorium mortar shell producing forge-worlds today. They’re gonna be a hot commodity in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Massive improvement. Solves my primary issue with random-shots weapons. Deffguns? Makes sense. Predator ACs? Okay, I guess, but I'd think Marines would have a more consistent weapon. Demolisher cannon? No way. Paying the points for a massive piece of ordnance and then getting a 1 on the roll is absolutely infuriating. I suppose I'm cool with something like that getting fewer hits against single targets like vehicles and monsters, because I suppose you could argue that the shell only got a glancing hit or something. But if I plant something like that anywhere in the vicinity of a horde of gaunts, there should be a lot of dead bugs.

• Like 1

This does open up the design space for modifying the number of shots a Blast weapon gets. Say, by creating a special rule like “High Explosive Anti-Personnel Shell” that says the weapon has a minimal of four attacks instead of three or “Low Quality Ammunition” that removes the three attack minimum but is still a Blast weapon for all other purposes or “High Explosive Anti-Tank Shell” that always does a minimum of three attacks on single targets of Vehicle or Monstrous type.

With adjustments to points costs of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ish said:

This does open up the design space for modifying the number of shots a Blast weapon gets. Say, by creating a special rule like “High Explosive Anti-Personnel Shell” that says the weapon has a minimal of four attacks instead of three or “Low Quality Ammunition” that removes the three attack minimum but is still a Blast weapon for all other purposes or “High Explosive Anti-Tank Shell” that always does a minimum of three attacks on single targets of Vehicle or Monstrous type.

With adjustments to points costs of course.

Ooh, I like that idea. Special ammunition types. Maybe be able to buy them as a vehicle upgrade. You can already do it with some vehicles, like Whirlwinds; they have the Castellan and Vengeance options that you buy at list creation. Easy way to do it is just say that your Leman Russ is loaded with HEAT rounds today, and pay the appropriate points. No need to switch types mid-battle. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blackvigil said:

I'm digging the new Custodes and Sisters of Silence stuff, even though I don't play them. 

About the only downside is that the new Superior Fire Patterns Stratagem is useless to Sagittarum Custodian Squads -- the closest thing the Custodes actually have to a "stand-off" unit -- as they're armed with Assault weapons. But it is a huge boon to the "vanilla" Custodian Guard Squads.

I've been strongly considering an army of Adeptus Custodes ever since they got released at the tail end of 7th Edition. I've always had a soft-spot for ultra-low model count armies of nigh-indestructible badasses. Sadly, the mighty Deathwing Terminators don't quite seem to cut it these days. But the golden banana custards might just be the ticket.

• Like 2