What's in YOUR Pocket???

andozane

Which Phone is in your Pocket?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of Smart Phone do you use?

• iPhone
    • Android
    • Windows
    • BlackBerry
    • Smart Phone? I got no stinking Smart Phone!

Guess I should get my own bonus points :)

iPhone 5 here...matter of convenience, everytime it comes time for me to finally upgrade (something I do when the phone is at least 25% not functional), it is whatever is easiest.  Plus, everytime I pick up an Android phone I just want to scratch my eyes out...to used to iOS sadly :(

iPhone 5 here...matter of convenience, everytime it comes time for me to finally upgrade (something I do when the phone is at least 25% not functional), it is whatever is easiest.  Plus, everytime I pick up an Android phone I just want to scratch my eyes out...to used to iOS sadly :(

Yeah, I was anti-iPhone because of the Mac desktop platform, but after playing with my wife's iPhone, I totally switched over. Although to be honest, it was the ready access to good games which hooked me. Weird now, since I stopped playing iPhone games.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

iPhone because bandwagon

iPhone is easier interface and the malware is almost nonexistent. Also performance is nearly same as day one. My androids always showed age in performance within a year. Both iPhones I have had are good until the end.

I have an aversion to all thing i* because I just don't see proprietary as the way to go...  Not for hardware, not for software.  Yes, Apple sets a minimum threshold for quality but it also means jacking up the price more than I am willing to pay.

Personal phone is a Samsung Galaxy (G3 I think) and work is a G5 because I know how they work and knew there would be no problems.

• Like 1

iPhone 6; upgraded from an iPhone 4 last year. Before that it was the original Blackberry Storm, which was my first smartphone and atrocious. Any phone I used after the Storm was bound to be better, so my iPhone was like a hero saving me from that horrible device.

Nexus 6 (from Google, not a carrier, because... freedom).  I used to flash different ROMs on my old EVO 4G regularly and found I preferred the AOSP based builds, got a Nexus 4 after that, when that was 'tatered I ponied up for the phablet.  I've yet to monkey with the 6 a lot, but have been impatient with my Nexus 7 waiting for OTAs and unlocked the bootloader to flash official builds ahead of rollout schedule.  Battery life on the 6 almost a year later is still awesome.

I should flash the finalized developer build of Android M(arshmallow) on the 6 though.

Wife-a-saurus has a Nexus 5 (her nexus 4 grew legs at a bar), she wants the new '5' when it comes out this fall/winter, she says it plays all her candy-corn witch-crush-saga games well, but apparently the battery doesn't support all-day gaming like it used to.  Must be rough...

I used to own a macbook, last piece of apple product I will own.  Sure, their stuff all plays nice with their other stuff, but their rolling obsolescence (you know what I mean, not trying to start a flame war) and ridiculous pricing combined with deathgripping 3rd party development just isn't for me.

• Like 1

Bosco, heard any word on the new Nexus 6 coming out?

Nah, all the channels I read regularly are still hinting at 2 phones this year though, so unless they really want to mess with people I would expect a smartphone and phablet.  

Since I can't afford a new phone for myself without joining the 1-kidney-club, I'm paying more attention to the smaller (5" screen) rumors since my wife noped the idea of a phablet the first time she held it.  If I see anything promising though I'll let you know.