Rumors of 7th Ed

JMGraham

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

What's ctrl f?

Yeah if you can't spell some pseudo word find is going to do nothing for you. I guess I will rely on you tI use your pad ;-)

• Like 1

I'm excited because I'm going to TSHFT this weekend and my army has rules from 3 books, and they're all on my phone... :D

And totally not shareable with your opponent :P, that and Darn near impossible to read. Convenient in that you can say you have them, yes. Practical tool to share with your opponent, nope.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Also do you want to trust the klutz with $500 device? I know it turns me off to ask to look at your super expensive device, especially in a game hall where it is hard to stand side by side.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Sorry derailed. Either way I'm excited to have these there books and look forward to a small times I can handle. The price seems fair beating their norm. The slip cover I'm a sucker for.

• Like 1

I dont want anyone messing around with my tablet.  its just too expensive.  I am going hardbound.  Easier to flip to what you want and its way handier during a game.  I can hilite it which I really like to do as well.  Dont know bout you, but the key words and phrases for mny things dont always get bolded.

• Like 1

I like both. I have found using my nook color really sweet for reading and like it a lot for things that would be standard paperback fare. The idea of fitting all the tomes in the small format is very appealing. However I also still love physical books especially one like the rule books. I get just as much enjoyment from sitting down and just reading through the tome and admiring the layout and pictures as I do from playing a game, but with the current hardback only rulebook and codex, etc, It makes having ones that you can pull up on a small tablet or such very handy.

What would be ideal is getting a coupon/discount for the digital version when you buy the physical copy though I could see where that could lead to abuse or just pricing the digital version such that one would go ahead and buy both versions.

• Like 1

I got the money already set aside and play 2 times a week plys tournies so ill be going the spendy route.  Im pretty excited bout so many of the changes.  

does anyone remember the rumors about 6E's original design lead falling on the outs and being replaced late in the game?  Naturally no one would ever admit to it.  NDA's and all that.  but now that 7E is out just two years in, and clearly in production within the year of its prexecessor, I kind of wonder more about it.

• Like 1

I got the money already set aside and play 2 times a week plys tournies so ill be going the spendy route.  Im pretty excited bout so many of the changes.  

does anyone remember the rumors about 6E's original design lead falling on the outs and being replaced late in the game?  Naturally no one would ever admit to it.  NDA's and all that.  but now that 7E is out just two years in, and clearly in production within the year of its prexecessor, I kind of wonder more about it.

Yeah right now I have long been at the limit of single income and choosing my purchases with care and have been wanting to actually get a bit more caught up with the unpainted stuff and sadly things like TSHFT and OFCC are not in the running after bills and savings. I would like to get out more to play but that just does not seem to happen as often as I would like.

And if that is true about 6th then that makes some sense and if the case then I wonder why they didn't just punt and postpone it till they got this edition wrapped up?

I'll procure a digital copy to review and study. I only played maybe 4 games in 6e. Moving to the Tacoma area, and being so close to the large player base and Fluger's Weekend Massacre, I'm sure the physical book will be purchased in time. I hope by that point They will have the Rules only available, as I don't need to haul around fluff.

I'll procure a digital copy to review and study. I only played maybe 4 games in 6e. Moving to the Tacoma area, and being so close to the large player base and Fluger's Weekend Massacre, I'm sure the physical book will be purchased in time. I hope by that point They will have the Rules only available, as I don't need to haul around fluff.

I have never minded the fluff bit, the 6th hardcover was huuuge and made it a pain to tote around though. Now they have it in 3 books so you don't need to bring the whole mess with you. That would be a wise move for Fantasy in the future as well.

Ill get the ebook always its cheaper plus makes carrying my books easier.

and yes I really buy them. Lol

I buy the phisical and have it scanned. Canadian copyright laws make that perfectly legal. Suck it GW!
  • Like 1