Ordo BB2 League Season 2

Burk

3 hours ago, Burk said:

pseudorandom ......generates a ......sequence.

love this from the "cons": Can take a long time to start generating output that passes randomness tests, 

RNG is not Random

For blood bowl it's random enough.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1111/rng-some-questions-answered

Though if you want to say you lost because of dice you can always use this: http://onesandskulls.com/  😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, michaels said:

For blood bowl it's random enough.

https://forums.focus-home.com/topic/1111/rng-some-questions-answered

Though if you want to say you lost because of dice you can always use this: http://onesandskulls.com/  😁

its still not R....nothing you can point to will change that.  My statement is 100% true and verifiable by your own link.

Next......

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ish said:

Does it really matter?

its a long standing debate in the BB2 community.  So yes it does for keeping the tension, and laughs going.

Note this is mainly done in jest, although you must always remember the most important thing about this game is that it has clearly been proven that RNG is not R.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Burk said:

its a long standing debate in the BB2 community.  So yes it does for keeping the tension, and laughs going.

Note this is mainly done in jest, although you must always remember the most important thing about this game is that it has clearly been proven that RNG is not R.

I can't believe you made me link to Dode. You're a monster!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WestRider said:

We're gamers. Of course we wouldn't argue so much about anything that really matters.

But at least one of us is a former New Yorker and HackMaster GameMaster who is more likely to provoke an inappropriate response the more time goes on. 

After all, on a long enough timeline and considering actual economic conditions, all character parties will evolve to Neutral Evil.

• Like 1

On another note, a PSA for all the coaches in the league. <clears throat> BE SURE TO DECLARE A BLITZ WITH YOUR BALL CARRIER WHEN YOU ARE BLOCKING A DEFENDER BEFORE YOU MAKE A RUN FOR THE ENDZONE. I got too excited when @Bosco blitzed my Troll Slayer who had the ball (yes my troll slayer picked up a lose ball) and rolled quad-skulls. I then proceeded to just do a regular block on his catcher marking me and forgot to declare a blitz to then run into the endzone. Cost me a tie. Well played @Bosco Best of luck in Round 3. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SigurdBC said:

On another note, a PSA for all the coaches in the league. <clears throat> BE SURE TO DECLARE A BLITZ WITH YOUR BALL CARRIER WHEN YOU ARE BLOCKING A DEFENDER BEFORE YOU MAKE A RUN FOR THE ENDZONE. I got too excited when @Bosco blitzed my Troll Slayer who had the ball (yes my troll slayer picked up a lose ball) and rolled quad-skulls. I then proceeded to just do a regular block on his catcher marking me and forgot to declare a blitz to then run into the endzone. Cost me a tie. Well played @Bosco Best of luck in Round 3. 

GG @SigurdBC, sorry I can't chat much in game playing with a steam controller, or at least not at a pace that remains relevant to the actions in the game by the time I post them.

That not-blitz was a moment of panic and then confusion when I realized you hadn't blitzed, but I totally get being caught up in the moment and forgetting the blitz action, especially in that interface where it is a separate series of actions.  Should have been a tie in the end.

Good luck with the rest of your season!

On 12/13/2019 at 8:54 PM, Burk said:

its still not R....nothing you can point to will change that.  My statement is 100% true and verifiable by your own link.

Next......

Having played Burk a number of times at tabletop I can say unequivocally that his rolling technique does not produce random rolls. This can be said for any other person I play and they win.

• Haha 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:11 AM, Burk said:

I've been very active in the BB 2 community since the day the game was released and this is the only place anyone ever talks about the RNG.

• Haha 1

Math is hard.

I work with people with advanced grad degrees in math and stats and code writers who easily get confused when presented with real life numbers and situations. 

"What are you even asking me?  I majored in math, not arithmetic!"

"The code is not flawed or broken.  It is performing exactly as it was written."

I love my job.